▢ 1 French baguette cut into ½inch / 1.5cm slices ▢ 14.10 oz cherry tomatoes on the vine (400g/.88lb) ▢ 1 ½ tbsp olive oil ▢ ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar ▢ ¼ tsp sea salt plus more for serving ▢ ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper plus more for serving ▢ 1 cup mozzarella pearls (125g) sliced ▢ 2 cloves garlic smashed ▢ A handful of basil leaves chopped ▢ Olive oil for brushing the bread before toasting I used about a ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 392F 200C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray, pour over 1 ½ tbsps of olive oil and ½ tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle over ¼ tsp each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the tomatoes are just burst.
- Heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush each side of the sliced bread with a little olive oil.
- Toast each side of the bread on the pan until the edges are charred and the bread is golden.
- Rub each slice of the toasted bread with the smashed garlic.
- Add 2 or 3 of the roasted tomatoes to a slice of toast, add a couple of slices of mozzarella then add some chopped basil.
- Finish with a smattering of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy warm or cold!